We offer them for high school seniors and transfer students, but the dates and options vary.
We recommend scheduling at least two weeks in advance, since spaces fill up quickly and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Interview requests are now closed for students applying for fall 2017 first-year admission. They will be available starting in June for fall 2018 applicants.
For those of you further away, we offer interviews with alumni. Alumni interviews are offered across the nation, in select international locales and via Skype. You may request a spot online during the fall of your senior year. Alumni interview requests for fall 2017 are now closed, and will be available in late summer for students applying for fall 2018.
Please note that all interviews are weighed equally in the admission process, so please don’t schedule more than one.
Helpful Interview Tips:
- If interviewing at Oxy, allow ample time to reach campus. (L.A. traffic can be heavy at times.) If interviewing off campus with an alum or admission officer, budget plenty of time to get to your destination. You can always relax and collect your thoughts if you arrive early.
- Dress comfortably but appropriately.
- Come prepared to discuss your talents, interests and goals. It’s your chance to show us the real person behind your application credentials.
- Familiarize yourself with Oxy. We’ll want to hear what sparked your interest in the College and how you see yourself thriving in our community.
- We don’t expect you to have all the answers, so be open with your thoughts and ask lots of questions.
- Most importantly, just be yourself.