Required Writing Supplement
Here's a peek at the questions for the Required Writing Supplement for first-year applicants.
Using the Oxy Supplement on the Common App, respond to the following questions:
1. If you’ve had the opportunity to visit campus, please indicate when and in what capacity, and briefly describe your visit experience. (250-word limit)
2. There are thousands of colleges and universities. Why are you applying to Occidental? In your opinion, what distinguishes it from your other choices? (300-word limit)
3. While we realize your interests may change in college, what are your current academic and intellectual curiosities? (250-word limit)
4. Choose a book you have read—at any point in your life—that most affected you and clarify its effect. (300-word limit)
5. Identify and describe a personal habit or idiosyncrasy—of any nature—that helps define you. (300-word limit)
Attention transfer students: please visit your required supplement questions in the Transfer Student Application Requirements section.
firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: (800) 825-5262 | fax: (323) 341-4875