Need some funding for your event or student organization? ASOC can help!
The following must be satisfied to submit a request for ASOC funding:
- Clubs must be officially recognized by ASOC.
- Clubs may not have a negative account balance.
- Funding requests must be received by the deadline identified on the Funding Request Form.
- A club representative must attend a mandatory ASOC funding meeting with the ASOC Finance Chair to review submitted requests.
- Senate votes on all requests during their weekly meetings.
- Senate MUST vote on club requests before the event occurs. Senate will not fund any requests retroactively with the exception of the events occurring before the first Senate meeting of each semester.
- Clubs must complete an Event Evaluation Form after each event receiving ASOC Funding.
FUNDING REQUEST GUIDELINES
Please note the following guidelines when submitting an ASOC Funding Request Form:
*Note- These are determined at the discretion of ASOC Senate and are subject to change. Also, funding is not guaranteed.
- We encourage clubs to approach Senate early and seek funding from multiple sources.
- If the organization purchases a physical item, that item, is the property of ASOC Senate. Should the item be requested at any time, the item must be produced. If a club fails to do so, they will be required to seek a replacement by the time the organizations submits their next funding request or else they will not receive funding until the item is produced.
- Events receiving ASOC funding must acknowledge ASOC sponsorship on ALL promotional materials (posters, Facebook, digest, etc.).
- All costs must be itemized on the Funding Request Form to the best of the organization’s knowledge and ability.
- Please list all costs associated with an event on the Funding Request Form even if you are not requesting ASOC funding for some items, giving Senate a more holistic view of the event.
- Funding for events that are sponsored by more than one club will be allocated only into one club account.
- All requests for co-sponsorship and outside contributions for an event must be reported on the Funding Request Form with amounts.
- ASOC is prohibited by college policy to fund alcohol, but will consider the cost of alcohol as a factor of the total event cost.
- ASOC will not fund prizes or any related “give-away” items, although they will be accounted for as a factor of the total event cost.
- ASOC funds shall not be used to compensate student’s services rendered on behalf of the club or organization.
- ASOC guarantees funding food for the first meeting only. Please note this does not mean a club will receive full funding.
- If your event is on campus, you must have a master calendar confirmation before Senate votes on your request (please see an OSL PA for help with this).
- All Club Sports funding requests must be submitted to the Coordinator of Recreational Sports.
Apply for ASOC Senate Funding here
- Fill out the Funding Request form.
- Meet with ASOC Finance Chair during office hours identified on the Funding Request Form.
- Attend the following Senate meeting to explain event and answer questions.
- If approved, money will be transferred to your ASOC club account to then used for reimbursements. NOTE: Any unused amount will be transferred back to ASOC at the end of each semester.
- Complete an Event Evaluation Form at the conclusion of event.