Graduating Seniors Checklist and Cap & Gown Information
SENIOR GRAD FAIR IS FEBRUARY 14TH 2013
PRE-ORDER YOUR CAP & GOWN
PURCHASE ANNOUNCEMENTS, DIPLOMA FRAMES, RINGS, PRIDE SASH, LEIS, GRAD DVD ect.
This Commencement checklist is designed to help you organize the many things you have to do both before and after graduation.
- Make sure all of your records (transcripts, library books, school fees, etc.) are current.
- Receive Commencement Weekend information from the College.
- Order your graduation announcements, thank-you notes, appreciation gifts, envelope seals and keepsakes.
- Complete your graduation announcement list. Remember to include complete addresses with zip and country codes.
- Make travel and lodging arrangements for out-of-town guests.
- Address and mail your announcements to arrive at least two weeks before Commencement.
- Receive information from Oxy with the time and location for Commencement rehearsal.
- Rent cap and gown from the bookstore beginning Monday, May 13 through Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Try on your cap and gown. Remove wrinkles according to instructions and hang the gown up.
- Attend rehearsal.
- Seating is limited for the Commencement ceremony; remember to obtain the guest access wristbands you need for family and friends.
- Agree on a place to meet your family and friends after the ceremony.
- Be sure to have your camera, batteries and memory cards ready for pictures.
- Present your appreciation gifts to those who have provided help and support throughout your college years.
- Send thank-you notes to those who have given you graduation gifts.
- Return rental gown to the Bookstore patio directly after the ceremony. The cap & tassel are yours to keep.
Cap and Gown Information
You may pick up and pay for your Commencement cap and gown at the Bookstore from May 13-18 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The cost is $28.99 plus tax for a BA.
You will also be given your guests' wristbands(7) for access to the May 19th Commencement ceremony when you pick up your cap and gown.
Please make sure to return the gown to the Bookstore after the graduation ceremony is completed. You may keep the cap and tassel.
For further information about Grad Fair, Cap & Gown, Rings, Pride Sash info, please contact Donna Huebner, Interim Manager, at (323) 259-2630.
For additional information about Commencement exercises and Baccalaureate click here.
Reserve your cap & gown at the Oxy Bookstore
2013 Grad Sash available for purchase now at the Bookstore
Announcements may be ordered at Cbgrad.com (key word: Occidental).
Preorder flowers & leis at www.graduationdayflowers.com to receive 10% off.
Graduation Day DVD at www.purelogicvideo.com
Grad Images will be photgraphing all graduates at the commencement ceremony. Visit www.gradimages.com, click on pre-event email registration to register your email and receive $5 off an order of $25 or more.
College Rings www.balfour.com and www.college.jostens.com
Jostens will be on campus April 2, 2013 11a-2pm. Up to 40% off select college rings available at the on-campus event only.
- Phone: (323) 259-2630
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Johnson Student Center
- Summer Hours:
Mon-Fri 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Closed Weekends & Holidays
- Academic Year Hours:
Mon-Thurs 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fri 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sat 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Closed Sundays & Holidays