Graduating Seniors Checklist and Cap & Gown Information
DID YOU MISS GRAD FAIR ?
DROP BY THE OXY BOOKSTORE TO PRE-ORDER YOUR RENTAL CAP & GOWN AND PICK UP THE INFORMATION YOU MISSED.
RENTAL FEE IS DUE WHEN CAP & GOWN IS PICKED UP DURING SENIOR WEEK.
SEE BELOW FOR THE SENIOR CHECK LIST AND INFORMATION ABOUT SOME VENDORS WHO WERE AT GRAD FAIR.
This Commencement checklist is designed to help you organize the many things you have to do both before and after graduation.
- Make sure all of your records (transcripts, library books, school fees, etc.) are current.
- Receive Commencement Weekend information from the College.
- Order your graduation announcements, thank-you notes, appreciation gifts, envelope seals and keepsakes.
- Complete your graduation announcement list. Remember to include complete addresses with zip and country codes.
- Make travel and lodging arrangements for out-of-town guests.
- Address and mail your announcements to arrive at least two weeks before Commencement.
- Receive information from Oxy with the time and location for Commencement rehearsal.
- Rent cap and gown from the bookstore beginning Monday, May 11 through Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Try on your cap and gown. Remove wrinkles according to instructions and hang the gown up.
- Attend rehearsal.
- Seating is limited for the Commencement ceremony; remember to obtain the guest access wristbands you need for family and friends.
- Agree on a place to meet your family and friends after the ceremony.
- Be sure to have your camera, batteries and memory cards ready for pictures.
- Present your appreciation gifts to those who have provided help and support throughout your college years.
- Send thank-you notes to those who have given you graduation gifts.
- Return rental gown to the Bookstore patio directly after the ceremony. The cap & tassel are yours to keep.
Cap and Gown Information
You may pick up and pay for your Commencement rental cap and gown at the Bookstore from May 11-16 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The cost is $33.99 plus tax for a BA.
You will also be given your guests' wristbands(7) for access to the May 17th Commencement ceremony when you pick up your cap and gown.
Please make sure to return the gown to the Bookstore after the graduation ceremony is completed. You may keep the cap and tassel.
For further information about Grad Fair, Cap & Gown, Rings, Pride Sash info, please contact Donna Huebner, Manager, at (323) 259-2630.
For additional information about Commencement exercises and Baccalaureate click here.
Reserve your cap & gown at the Grad Fair event or the Oxy Bookstore after the event.
2015 Grad Sash available for purchase soon at the Bookstore. (limited quantities in stock)
Announcements may be ordered at Cbgrad.com (key word: Occidental).
Preorder flowers & leis at www.graduationdayflowers.com. Preorder special: Receive 50% off any 2nd item purchased. (Print your receipt and present it to the flower staff at one of the locations on the day of Commencement.)
Graduation Day Live Streaming on-campus - TBD
Grad Images will be photgraphing all graduates at the commencement ceremony. Visit www.gradimages.com/Preregistration to register your email and receive $5 off an order of $25 or more prior to the event.
College Rings www.balfour.com and www.college.jostens.com
Jostens will be on campus at the Grad Fair and also Feb 20th 10:00a-1:00p & April 1st 11:00a-2:00p. Ring packges starting at $239 at on-campus events only.
Balfour will be on campus at the Grad Fair
Johnson Student Center