2013 at Oxy!
Blogger: Kristin Feinberg
Hello future tigers and tigers alike!
Another busy semester is over and I'm back at home in the snow. Although the time is quite appreciated, I must admit I already miss that California sunshine.
I'm spending my winter break catching up on shows I didn't have time to watch, baking a few too many batches of cookies, celebrating the holidays with family, a short trip to Montana, and training for the upcoming lacrosse season (50 days until SCIAC opening!).
With the new year coming up, I've been reflecting on what I have done with my sophomore and junior year thus far. Here are 13 things that I have done at Occidental in 2013.
1. I had a wonderful second season with the lacrosse team. Not only did we work hard on the field, but we also raised money for and dedicated a game to the epilepsy foundation.
2. I joined a sorority (Delta Omicron Tau), and met some of the most wonderful and dedicated women on campus.
3. I got to see one of my favorite artists, Macklemore, give a wonderful performance at Rush Gym.
4. I spent two weeks in August with the most enthusiastic people on campus (O-team) and loved every minute of it. Especially the trampoline and gold line adventures!
5. I got an editorial staff position at The Occidental Weekly, our school's newspaper.
6. I scootered in a one-piece tiger suit (tail included) through the quad at Oxy's homecoming parade.
7. I participated in service events such as teaching some NPP students how to play lacrosse, and picking fruit with Food Forward.
8. I had the opportunity to ride my first mechanical bull at Universal Studios, and didn't fall off instantly.
9. I tutored a wonderful 5th grade student at Oxy's Community Literacy Center.
10. I completed eight 4-unit classes over the two semesters, including 5 for my major, and finishing my CORE requirements.
11. I ventured parts of Los Angeles that I have never been to before including the fashion district, little tokyo, as well as many hikes.
12. Conquered finals week with a wonderful study group in all parts of the library.
13. Met so many wonderful new friends, kept in contact with ones abroad, and spent all the time I could with those who are going next semester,
It has been another busy and fun filled year at Oxy. I'm so fortunate to be in a place that allows me to do almost any and everything I've wanted to do. Los Angeles, I miss you dearly and will be back in less than a month.
Lastly, I'd like to congratulate all of the ED1 admits! So excited to meet all of you in August!
Grr, Grr, Grr!