Silly Professor, Quotes Go On the Internet!
Blogger: Miranda Sieg
My apologies for the protracted radio silence. Being a senior is often rather depressing marked by spontaneous bursts of intense delight, so yeah, basically I haven’t had much to say recently. So, I thought I would attempt to entertain you all with the rarely serious, usually pertinent quotes I have gathered so far this semester in three of my classes.
First, my CTSJ course Critical Theories of Sexuality has furnished these gems:
- “…because being a child is traumatic.”
- “We’re locked in with Freud.”
- “Stop talking about your orgasm, Freud."
- “Twitter’s where you go to start trouble."
- “That image is raping women.”
- “Now I am a woman-thing.”
My Japanese professor has only given me one good one, but I rather like it:
- “Real sword, not wooden,” leans forward, “that can kill you.”
…Which is a nice segue into my Chinese History Professor’s memorable lines:
- “They wouldn’t ride an elephant there, who would do that?"
- “By the way, this is the picture of the Quianlong emperor, not even close!”
- “I have father and Jesus Christ, big brother, and I have sister and son,” suddenly serious, “and we will rule the world.”
- “Like a crab!” Makes big arms.
- “You want to institute reform?” Still grinning. “I’ll kill you!”
- “He went to a café, had breakfast, opened the paper went WHAT!"
- “There was a puppy state was established…”
- “Those who are modern educated, Mao would tell them, ‘you are an idiot.’”
- “America was pretty disappointed with Chiang Kai-shek… they just couldn’t understand why he was such a loser.”
So there you are. My fourth class is so quotable I should just publish transcriptions every day but, yeah. Hope you were somewhat entertained! If not, I took a few photos of Oxy after it rained a few weeks ago.
The bottom line is that Oxy has a beautiful campus with lots of very interesting, hilarious people, professors included, and I love it.