It's Earth Week at Oxy!
This week is Earth Week. Celebrate and protect the environment by eating consciously!
The food system is responsible for over 20% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, and American food travels an average of 1,500-2,500 miles from farm to table. Look for a ‘carbon footprint of food’ poster to find the best options for eating sustainably.
April 22nd Earth Day Theme Lunch:
- Certified Humane Meyer’s Natural Beef Meatballs
- Made w/ local breadcrumbs from Oliver’s Artisan Breads, and Organic Parmesan and Milk
- Certified Humane Beef by the Global Animal Partnership (Step 3)
- Organic Fire-Roasted Artichokes (v, gf)
- Grown in Castroville, CA
- Roasted with local apple wood
- Sriracha Aioli (gf - vegan version available on request)
- All-Organic Marinara Sauce (v, gf)
- Made with local/Organic white onions, and organic tomatoes and tomato paste
April 25th Earth Day Event in JSC Quad:
A variety of student clubs and campus departments will have tables talking about how their work relates to sustainability, including Campus Dining! Find our table to learn more about the Real Food Challenge, and how we are pushing food sustainability at Oxy to the next level.
Johnson Student Center, 2nd Floor