The Campus Safety department is also responsible for providing support services tailored to meet the needs of the Occidental College community. Some of these services are to:
• Coordinate OxyAlert, emergency operations, and disaster response efforts.
• Manage the campus parking permit and traffic regulation program.
• Investigate incident, vehicle accident and crime reports.
• Alert the community to risks of crime as warranted.
• Present crime prevention information and programs.
• Furnish security support and crowd control for College events or special projects.
• Gather, maintain and disseminate information on incidents of crime on campus and in the surrounding neighborhood as required by law.
• Maintain a reliable safety escort program.
• Provide vehicle battery jump-starts.
• Assist with building lockouts.
• Maintain a lost and found.
• Respond to activated intrusion, security and fire alarms for the entire campus and College-owned houses.
• Provide and maintain an ongoing commitment to training in technical and tactical topics, as well as College policies and procedures.
• Transport sick and injured students on campus 24 hours a day
- Service Line:
- Emergency Line:
(323) 259-2511 or dial 5 from any campus phone
Facilities Management Building, 1600 Campus Road, Los Angeles, CA 90041
- 2014 Summer Waiver: Download