The cooperation, involvement and personal support of students, faculty, and staff in any campus safety program are crucial to the success of that program.
Everyone must assume responsibility for their own personal safety and security of their personal belongings by taking simple, common-sense precautions. The student's awareness of their environment and their surroundings is a good place to start.
Please observe the following precautions on campus:
• Never prop open exterior doors to residence halls. Meet visitors at the door.
• Residents should always escort all guests in residence halls. Report strangers in your hall to Campus Safety.
• Report any harassing or obscene phone calls to Campus Safety at once.
• Keep residence hall room doors locked, even if you leave for only a short time.
• Carry your ID and keys at all times.
• Walk in groups of three or more or use the Safety Escort Program after dark.
• Lock your car at all times; store valuables out of sight.
• Report suspicious-looking individuals, including door-to-door salespersons or survey-takers, promptly to Campus Safety
• Do not leave valuables such as backpacks, purses, or laptop computers unattended in public areas.
• Do not loan your room key to anyone, even friends.
- Service Line:
- Emergency Line:
(323) 259-2511 or dial 5 from any campus phone
Facilities Management Building, 1600 Campus Road, Los Angeles, CA 90041
- SUMMER 2014 WAIVER :