Campus Safety recognizes that you may be uncomfortable walking across campus after dark. With this in mind, a safety escort program has been developed as an alternative to walking alone after dark.
Safety escorts are provided by student escort drivers and Campus Safety officers. Safety Escort drivers follow a prescribed route that has been established for maximum efficiency and service. The route includes on campus stops as well as off-campus stops at the Intercultural Community Center, 1601 Campus Road, and sorority and fraternity houses. Schedules are available in each residence hall, Johnson Student Center, the Library and the Campus Safety office. The safety escort service is available dusk to dawn, seven days a week during the academic year.
The safety escort program is not a taxi service, it is a safety escort, not meant to meet an individual's routine transportation needs. To request a safety escort call 323-259-2599.
• Safety Escorts will not be extended beyond our boundaries.
• Safety Escorts will not be provided to or from local businesses.
• Safety Escorts will not be provided to disorderly or abusive passengers.
• Safety Escorts will not drop off passengers on street corners.
Off Campus Established Boundaries:
West from the Campus to Eagle Rock Blvd.
North from the Campus to Las Colinas
East from the Campus to Avenue 50
South from the Campus to York Blvd.
- Service Line: (323) 259-2599
- Emergency Line: (323) 259-2511 or dial 5 from any campus phone
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Facilities Management Building, 1600 Campus Road, Los Angeles, CA 90041