Tips for Card Key Access
Moving into a card-key residence hall:
As of January 2013, all on-campus residences - as well as 1480 Campus Road - are on card key access.
NO ID CARD?: If you are moving into or returning to a card-key hall and do not have your ID card, you need to order a new card on-line and pick it up from the Card Office before you check in.
RETURNING STUDENT WITH ID? You will need to re-encode your card at the Housing Office Kiosk in Rangeview to gain access to your room.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARD KEY ACCESS:
Examples of on-line doors:
- Most exterior doors
- Academic Commons after 9pm (when classes are in session)
- Classrooms, Fitness Center, and Recreation Room (Rangeview)
- Computer Labs (except Newcomb)
- Samuelson Alumni Center (except guest rooms)
- Swan Hall (all)
- Rangeview Parking Structure (underneath the hall, open to students, faculty and staff)
- Basketball Court outside Rush Gym
To enter an on-line door - just hold your card in front of the HID Reader – when a green light appears, the lock will open. If the lock does not open, you may not be authorized to enter that door, or you may not be authorized at that time, or there may be a problem with your card. You may contact the Card Office at email@example.com.
Examples of off-line doors:
- Individual student rooms (require pin #)
- Bio-Science building
- Computer lab (Newcomb)
- Lounges & study rooms (Rangeview)
- Norris Science building
- Samuelson Alumni Center (guest rooms)
To enter an off-line door - insert your ID card into the reader, photo towards you. You should see a flashing green light and the door will open.
Individual student rooms also require your pin. Be sure to memorize your pin number; for security purposes, do not store it with your card. If you can't remember your pin, or have other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. ***SEE FLASHING RED & GREEN LIGHTS UPON ENTERING YOUR PIN? THE BATTERIES IN YOUR LOCK ARE RUNNING LOW. Report this to REHS or the Card Office immediately!***
- office: Iron Man Room JSC 2nd Floor South
- phone: (323) 341-4885
- e-m: email@example.com
- hours: M-F 10:30a-5:30p -closed/lunch 12:15-12:45 Sa-Su 12:00p-5:00p