The Career Development Center counsels and trains students to become active agents, inspired and confident to successfully navigate career complexity. When combined with Occidental College’s premier liberal arts education, students develop nuanced interpersonal and content skills preparing them for a life of service and leadership.
- Students practice self-reflection and mature in their capacity to decipher their interests, values and skills enabling them to create unique and flexible career plans.
- Students avail of training in the use of relevant career tools and technologies and progressively apply them to internship, job and graduate school searches.
- By participating in a variety of experiential learning opportunities, students are able to synthesize diverse and disparate activities toward a meaningful career trajectory.
- Students learn how to seek career advice and expertise from professionals resulting in the capacity to build an engaged professional network.
- By integrating and articulating self awareness with academic and occupational knowledge students can uniquely translate the value of their liberal arts education.
- Holistic engagement in career-related activities trains students to effectively apply for and advance into appropriate educational programs and employment opportunities.