Special assistance for attendees will be available at Commencement 2015.
To give you an idea of the assistance we have provided in the past, detail's from last year's commencement is below.
- No form is required if you need special seating.
- A limited number of seats are set aside at the front of Hillside Theater for people who need special seating.
- On the day of Commencement, early arrival is essential for the best choice of seats in Hillside Theater, but it is especially important for individuals with special-assistance needs to arrange to be seated no later than 8:00 a.m. Shuttles will run on designated routes from 7:00 a.m. until 8:45 a.m., and from the conclusion of Commencement exercises until 1:30 p.m.
- Seats for those requiring special assistance will be assigned on the day of Commencement on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Due to the limited number of seats for individuals with special needs, we can only seat the person with special needs in the front section. One other person accompanying each individual will be allowed to sit on the built-in concrete benches immediately behind the person with special needs. Others in the party will have to be in the general seating area.
- At the conclusion of Commencement exercises, those guests seated in special-assistance seating and those accompanying them will be asked to leave through the north exit of Hillside Theater, allowing graduates and other guests to use the south exit.
- Occidental College is unable to furnish wheelchairs. If you are coming from a distance and are unable to bring your wheelchair, rental arrangements are possible but must be made in advance. Contact your hotel staff for assistance.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- phone: (323) 259.2523 / (323) 259.1346