Hazing Prevention Ideas
Student groups can make a difference in the Oxy community by taking active measures to prevent hazing. Here are some suggestions to consider:
- Develop a non-hazing policy statement and share it with prospective and new members. Communicate openly and up front that you do not haze.
- Plan an event to promote National Hazing Awareness Week.
- Invite campus community members including students, parents, administrators, or faculty members to any public traditions or ceremonies.
- Be vigilant in monitoring the evolution of your own practices, especially if your organization has engaged in hazing in the past. Maintaining a non-hazing approach requires ongoing attention, especially as membership changes over time.
Bowling Green State University. Retrieved August 14, 2012, from http://www.bgsu.edu/offices
Last modified: August 20, 2012
- Phone: (323) 259-2661
- Fax: (323) 341-4927
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: AGC Administrative Building Room 111