Oxy at the UN Application
A rigorous and competitive selection process ensures that the most highly qualified students serve as Occidental's "ambassadors" on the Oxy at the United Nations program.
- 3.0 GPA; DWA 201 and Econ 101, plus a minimum of one additional course on international politics.
- Demonstrated commitment to the study of international issues.
- Junior in any major.
- Appropriate and well articulated scholarly purposes for participation demonstrated in all parts of the application.
- Neither on academic or disciplinary probation nor under investigation for violations which may result in probation between application and departure.
- All holds cleared with campus departments and offices before leaving campus.
Applications for Fall 2016 are due January 28, 2016.
***Due to the competitive selection process, applicants are encouraged to apply for study abroad simultaneously if they have not already participated.***
A complete application entails the following components. All components will be uploaded into the electronic application ("Apply Now" button, below.)
- Electronic application form
- Personal Statement
- Internship Interests
- Writing Sample
- One Faculty recommendation
- One Work supervisor recommendation.
Additionally, there will be a formal in-personal interview as part of the selection process. This will take place during the week of February 15, 2016. Not all candidates will be invited to interview. If an applicant will be off campus during the interview period, an interview will be conducted through other means.
On-line application -
***PLEASE NOTE - If you have technical difficulties during the period that the College is closed for winter break (Dec. 22 - January 5), KEEP CALM and work on your essays. The prompts are available above. We will be back in the office to answer your questions on January 6.
- Phone: (323) 259-2769
- Fax: (323) 341-4940