Students who need supplementary notes as a result of a documented disability may be permitted to use note-taking services for class lectures. The note-taking service supplements students' participation in class and is not meant to replace class attendance.
Procedures for Acquiring a Note-Taker
- Students who meet the guidelines for a note-taker will be approved for the accommodation during their annual meeting with a Disability Services team member.
- The student will identify the class(es) for which they would like the note-taker.
- The Disability Services team member will send an email to the students in each class instructing those who are interested in being a note-taker to apply for the position.
- Student note-takers will be trained to deliver a copy of their notes to the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) in a timely manner.
- The note-takers are a paid position and will be held accountable for the quality and timeliness of their delivery of the notes.
- Confidentiality for the student requesting a note-taker is maintained throughout this process.
Responsibilities of Student Requesting Note-Taking Accommodations
- Students are responsible for notifying the Disability Services Team Member when they drop or withdraw from a class.
- Students are responsible for attending class and taking notes. The notes provided by the note-taker are designed to supplement the notes that the student takes in the class.
- Students are responsible for picking up the notes from the CAE on a weekly basis.
- Students are responsible to inform the Disability Services team member of any problems with the note-taking service in a timely manner.
Last updated August 19, 2014
- Phone: (323) 259-2969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (323) 341-4927
- Location: Arthur G. Coons Building, Rm 111