Students who need supplementary notes as a result of a documented disability may be permitted to use note-taking services for class lectures. The note-taking service supplements students' participation in class and is not meant to replace class attendance.
Procedures for Acquiring a Note-Taker
- Students who meet the guidelines for a note-taker will arrange for the accommodation when they meet with a member of the Disability Services Team at the beginning of the semester.
- The student will identify the class(es) for which they would like the note-taker.
- The Disability Services professional staff member will send an email to the professor of the class(es) instructing students who are interested in being a note-taker to contact the Disability Services Team.
- Prospective note-takers will meet with a Disability Services staff member to review the procedures for ensuring that the notes are taken and delivered to the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) in a timely manner.
- Note-takers will be given a stipend to the Oxy bookstore at the end of the semester.
- Confidentiality for the student requesting a note-taker is maintained throughout this process.
Please note: It is the student's responsibility to inform the Disability Services Team of any problems with the note-taker/note-taking service in a timely manner.
Last updated September 17, 2012
- Phone: (323) 259-2969
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (323) 341-4927
- Location: Arthur G. Coons Building, Room 111