Please abide by the following test-taking procedures:
- Students must show their Accommodation Letter to their professors at the beginning of each semester, or as early as possible. Students and their professors should determine how testing accommodations will be provided. Please note: Instructors do have the right to provide extended test-taking time in an environment other than the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE). In that case, the instructor must provide a setting that is as conducive to concentration as possible. If the instructor is not able to provide the student with an appropriate test-taking environment, the proper amount of time, or other approved accommodations, the student should decline to take the exam and discuss the situation with the Dean of Students Office.
- If the professor decides that exams should be taken at the CAE, the student must use the online appointment system, www.rich65.com/oxy, to schedule all exams. The Dean of Students Office strongly recommends that all testing appointments be scheduled at the beginning of the semester. In general, professors provide exam dates on their syllabus, which is generally distributed on the first day of class. If it is not possible to schedule testing appointments at the beginning of the semester, students are required to make testing appointments at least one week prior to the exam.
- Prior to the exam, students should ask their professor whether they need to come to the classroom to pick up the exam or whether the exam will be waiting for them at the CAE.
- If a professor is late in notifying students of an exam date, students remain eligible for their exam accommodations. Even if the CAE cannot proctor due to the professor's late notification, the CAE will ensure that students are provided with their exam accommodation. In all other circumstances, notice of less than one week to the CAE of the intention to take an exam with additional time may result in the requirement that students take the exam under the same conditions as others taking the course.
- Students must arrive to all testing appointments on time with all necessary supplies. Students are only allotted the time that they have scheduled. If late, the student will lose the time they have missed.
- Students must follow Occidental's Code of Student Conduct and the college policy on academic ethics at all times. If a student's conduct appears to be in violation of either policies, the CAE will follow the appropriate procedure outlined.
- Students are encouraged to meet with the Disability Services Team to discuss any concerns regarding test-taking accommodations at any time during the semester.
Last updated June 27, 2012
- Phone: (323) 259-2969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (323) 341-4927
- Location: Arthur G. Coons Building, Rm 111