Disability Serivces is happy to assist students who have disabilities. Please review the procedures for requesting accommodations.
A qualified individual with a disability in the context of post-secondary education is a student who meets the academic and technical standards requisite to admission or participation in the College's programs and activities. It is the responsibility of the student with the disability to register with the Dean of Students Office to provide appropriate documentation and to request needed accommodations in a timely manner.
For more information about appropriate documentation and detailed procedures, please view the Policies and Procedures portion of this website.
Instructions for receiving accommodations:
- At the beginning of the academic year, students must meet with a staff member in the Dean of Students Office to review and update accommodations.
- Accommodation letters, which verify the student's academic accommodations and services for the academic year, are then prepared by the Dean of Students Office staff members. The Dean of Students Office will email each student a pdf version of the letter to keep for his or her records.
- Each student must print his or her Accommodation Letter and/or forward it to each professor teaching the classes in which he or she would like to receive accommodations.
- It is the student's responsibility to show their Accommodation Letter to his or her instructors in a timely manner and to arrange any accommodations that will involve instructor collaboration, such as additional time on exams.
- Students should contact the Dean of Students Office if they have any questions or concerns regarding their accommodations, if they have difficulty arranging their accommodations, or if there are needed changes to their plan at any point during the semester.
Last updated: June 13, 2013
- Phone: (323) 259-2969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (323) 341-4927
- Location: Arthur G. Coons Building, Room 111