All diagnostic evaluation reports submitted as documentation of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) must be current and completed by a professional who is qualified and appropriately licensed to diagnose such a disorder.
- The evaluation report must have a thorough and complete diagnostic interview that includes:
- A summary of the student's educational, medical, and family history that may relate to ADHD.
- Evidence that the condition was present in childhood in more than one setting.
- A review of the student's presentation of attentional, hyperactive, and/or impulsive symptoms.
- Documentation must provide evidence of the student's current impairment in the academic setting as demonstrated by a psychoeducational assessment that minimally includes a measure of aptitude.
- Results from a behavioral rating scale (i.e. Conner's or Brown's).
- All subtest, factor, and index scores must be provided for all measures reported. Additionally, the classification ranges associated with these scores should be noted (e.g. borderline, average, high average).
- The report must include a specific diagnosis that corresponds to a diagnosis in the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual - IV (DSM-IV). Vague terms such as "may have," "seems to have," or "suggests" are not acceptable as diagnostic.
- The evaluation report should include an interpretative summary that includes:
- An indication that alternative explanations for the student's presenting symptoms have been ruled out.
- A description of the functional limitations caused by the ADHD/ADD on the student's current participation in College programs, courses, and other activities of the College.
- Severity of the disability: Mild, moderate, severe.
- Indication of whether the student was evaluated while on medication and its potential ameliorative effects.
- Recommendations for necessary and appropriate accommodations to equalize the student's educational opportunities at Occidental College.
Last updated: April 12, 2012
- Office Walk-In Hours: Monday, Wed. & Friday 4:00-5:00pm
- Phone: (323) 259-2969
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (323) 341-4927
- Location: Arthur G. Coons Building, Rm 111