Students with disabilities are expected to abide by the rights and responsibilities listed below.
Students with Disabilities Have the Right to:
- Equal access to programs, activities, jobs, services, and courses available at Occidental College
- Appropriate confidentiality of information pertaining to disability issues
- Reasonable accommodations and services
- Information that is reasonably available in accessible formats
- Utilize appeal procedures for matters related to the determination or provision of accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids.
Students with Disabilities Have the Responsibility to:
- Identify him/herself to the Disability Services Team within a reasonable time frame when academic adjustments, accommodations or auxiliary aids or services are needed
- Submit documentation that meets the eligibility guidelines of the College in a timely manner
- Meet with the Disability Services Team prior to or within the first two weeks of the fall semester to review requested accommodations. Students may request accommodations at any time during the semester; however, it is recommended that accommodations be set within the first two weeks of the academic year
- Follow the specific procedures for requesting and utilizing academic adjustments, necessary accommodations, and/or auxiliary aids
- Meet with professors at the beginning of the semester to discuss accommodations and develop a working relationship that will facilitate learning
- Uphold the College's policies on academic ethics and code of student conduct.
Last updated: June 7, 2011
- Office Walk-In Hours: Monday, Wed. & Friday 4:00-5:00pm
- Phone: (323) 259-2969
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (323) 341-4927
- Location: Arthur G. Coons Building, Rm 111