Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
Join the Emmons Student Health Center Advisory Council (SHAC)!
The Emmons Student Health Advisory Council (formed Fall 2007) is looking for students who are interested in pre-health professions to be part of its SHAC for the new academic year.
This is a great opportunity for you to be involved in Emmons Health Center and learn about the programs, services and staff!
Besides the fact that being on a Student Health Advisory Council would look fantastic on your resume, this opportunity would give you exposure to the ins and outs of the delivery of medical and mental health services in a higher education setting.
So, here’s what’s in it for you:
- Develop professional relationships with health center staff
- Learn about issues in the delivery of health services
- Advise staff on issues affecting student health
- Build capacity around health and wellness issues
- Peer to peer collaboration
- Attend monthly SHAC meetings. Meetings are held monthly at Emmons Health Center
- Demonstrate positive attitude, self-directed and team-player
- Solutions focused
- Enjoy connecting with your peers and listening for ideas and opinions while advocating for Emmons programs, services, and special events
- Sense of humor
- Pre-health professions students encouraged to apply
Please email (email@example.com) or drop off a written response (Emmons) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in serving as a student representative on the Emmons Student Health Advisory Council?
- What unique strengths do you think you would bring to this role?
Deadline: Applications are closed. Please check back for the next applications deadline.
If you have any questions or to submit your application, please contact Rick Youngblood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 259.2906.
- Appointments: 323-259-2657
- Fax: 323-341-4970
- Email us: email@example.com
- Suggestions: Leave Feedback