Student Insurance Plan
2014-2015 Student Health Insurance
The new 2014-2015 Oxy student health insurance plan has an unlimited policy year maximum, and is effective August 1, 2014 through July 31, 2015. All covered expenses provided by Emmons Student Wellness Center are paid at 100%, with the exception of a small, $10 co-pay for illness and injury visits. Emmons automatically bills United Healthcare, so there is no paperwork for Oxy students who purchase the plan. Any un-reimbursed balances will be billed to the student’s Oxy account.
Key features of the policy include:
- Affordable plan costing $1,726 per year, or $863 per semester.
- Low annual deductibles: $100 In-Network and $300 Out-of-Network, with no deductible for services received at Occidental’s Emmons Student Wellness Center.
- Coverage at 90% in-network & 70% out-of-network
- In-Network Physician’s Office visits covered at 100% after a $30 copay.
- Preventive care services with no deductibles, copays or coinsurance (In-Network Only).
- Prescription drug coverage with low copays.
For a complete description of the benefits available, limitations and exclusions please visit www.gallagherstudent.com/oxy. You can also enroll in the insurance plan at that same website. For additional assistance, contact the Oxy United Health Care representative, Julie Gordon, who is on campus Tuesday through Thursday, by calling (323)259-2657 or emailing her at email@example.com.
Insurance ID Cards
United Healthcare health insurance ID cards will be mailed to the students' campus mailbox. A copy of the student's ID card is also available online. To print a copy of your insurance ID card:
- Go to the Gallagher student insurance website here.
- Your User Name is your Occidental College email address.
- Your Password is your Student ID number.
- Once logged in select "Account Home," then click on "Generate ID Card."
Students should carry their United Healthcare insurance ID card with them at all times and present it to providers any time the student seeks healthcare. This is your primary insurance coverage so claims should be submitted to United Healthcare first.
Finding an In-Network Provider
Students can go to any provider, however, they can save money by seeing providers that participate in the United Healthcare Options PPO network. To locate a network provider or pharmacy click HERE.
Write your Student Insurance ID number on all claims before submitting them to United Healthcare Student Resources. Any fees incurred at Emmons Student Wellness Center will be submitted to United Healthcare Insurance Company on behalf of the student. Claims can be submitted to:
United Healthcare Student Resources
P.O. Box 809025
Dallas, TX 75380-9025
If you have questions about the Student Insurance plan or need assistance, please contact Julie Gordon, United Healthcare's part-time Client Services Representative located at Emmons Student Wellness Center at (323) 259-2836 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie's hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If Julie is unavailable, please contact Gallagher at (800) 396-5977.
- Oxy 24/7 Confidential Hotline:
- Email us: