Student Wellness Advisory Council
Get inspired by joining the Emmons Student Wellness Center Advisory Council (SWAC)!
The Emmons Student Wellness Advisory Council is experiencing a rebirth in the 2013-14 academic year with the help of creative, dedicated students who are interested in the wellbeing of all Oxy students! Emmons is a model program with integrated and confidential medical, psychological counseling, and sexual assault survivor advocacy and support in addition to a range of wellness education and outreach programming that will be rolled out over the year. We view the student holistically and believe in streamlined access to services, support and education.
Joining the Student Wellness Advisory Council will provide you the opportunity to engage in discussions and recommendations for how to best meet the wellness needs of students on campus. It also involves participating in active outreach and education about the key issues the SWAC feels should be addressed.
Here is what you will experience on the SWAC:
- Develop professional relationships with Emmons Student Wellness Center professional staff
- Learn about and address issues in the delivery of medical, psychological and survivor services
- Advise Emmons on issues affecting student wellness
- Design, develop and implement outreach and education strategies
- Increase your understanding of health and wellness issues
- Peer to peer collaboration and partnering with related leadership groups and departments
- Attend monthly SWAC lunch meetings with enthusiasm – they are held at Emmons
- Contribute actively and in a collegial spirit to discussions of Oxy wellness priorities
- Be solutions focused and interested in collective problem solving
- Willingness to participate in outreach efforts designed by the SWAC
- Enjoy connecting with your peers and listening for ideas and opinions while advocating for Emmons programs, services, and outreach efforts
- Students interested in pre-health professions, psychology and social services are encouraged to apply
Please email Emmons director, Robin Davidson @ firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement of why are you’re interested in joining SWAC and what unique strengths you think you would bring to this role. Applications are currently open until filled – likely through September.
And please memorize the Oxy 24/7 Confidential Hotline: 323-341-4141!
- Oxy 24/7 Confidential Hotline:
- Email us: