Student Wellness Advisory Council
Get inspired by joining the Emmons Student Wellness Center Advisory Council (SWAC)!
The Emmons Student Wellness Advisory Council experienced a rebirth in the 2013-14 academic year with the help of creative, dedicated students who are interested in the wellbeing of all Oxy students! This passion remains strong as ever in the current 2014-2015 academic year. Emmons is a model program with integrated and confidential medical, psychological counseling, and sexual assault survivor advocacy and support in addition to a range of wellness education and outreach programming that will be rolled out over the year. We view the healthcare of students holistically and believe in streamlined access to services, support and education.
Here is what you will experience on the SWAC:
- Develop professional relationships with Emmons Student Wellness Center professional staff
- Learn about and address issues in the delivery of medical, psychological and survivor services
- Advise Emmons on issues affecting student wellness
- Design, develop, and implement outreach and education strategies
- Increase your understanding of health and wellness issues
- Peer-to-peer collaboration and partnering with related leadership groups and departments
- Attend monthly SWAC lunch meetings with enthusiasm – they are held at Emmons
- Contribute actively and in a collegial spirit to discussions of Oxy wellness priorities
- Be solutions focused and interested in collective problem solving
- Participate in outreach efforts designed by the SWAC
- Enjoy connecting with your peers and listening for ideas and opinions while advocating for Emmons programs, services, and outreach efforts
- Students interested in pre-health professions, psychology and social services are encouraged to apply
We accept new members on a yearly basis. We are not currently accepting new applications but we encourage students who are interested in campus health issues to attend our events and email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about SWAC and Emmons.
And please memorize the Oxy 24/7 Confidential Hotline: 323-341-4141!
- Oxy 24/7 Confidential Hotline:
- Email us: