For students who have a health-related appointment off campus, the College provides Taxi Vouchers and Zipcars so students can get to their appointments.
How to Use the Zipcar
Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked right on campus! Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Our low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
You need to be 18+ to join. Members age 18-20 can use a dedicated group of Zipcars that live on campus. Members. age 21+ also have access to thousands of Zipcars all around the world. Find cars on or around the Occidental College campus.
How to Obtain Taxi Vouchers
Taxi Vouchers are available at Emmons Health Center, Campus Safety, and Residence Education & Housing Services for all enrolled students who need to get to and from a medical or counseling appointment off-campus and don't have transportation. Occidental College has an agreement with Yellow Taxi to provide cab rides using the Oxy Taxi Voucher form.
NOTE: The cost of the cab fare will be charged back to the student's account after the Taxi Voucher has been used.
- Visit Emmons Student Wellness Center, Campus Safety, or a Residence Education Professional staff to obtain and fill out the Taxi Voucher form.
- Call Yellow Taxi (their number is on the form) and they will pick you up and take you to your appointment. Yellow Taxi typically picks up at the fountain outside Lower Herrick.
- "Pay" the taxi Driver with the Voucher. The Driver will accept the Voucher as a form of payment (it has the gratuity built in).
- The driver writes in the amount of the trip and keeps a copy for him/herself.
- Call Yellow Taxi (again) to pick you up and return you to Oxy after your appointment.
Please note, although you have no out-of-pocket cash expense when using the Taxi Voucher, the cost of the taxi ride will be charged back to your Oxy student account by the Yellow Taxi company.
Campus Safety 323-359-2599
Emmons Student Wellness Center 323-259-2657
- Oxy 24/7 Confidential Hotline:
- Email us: