Your gateway to planning successful events!
STUDENT EVENT PLANNING
Start here with the Student Life event planning process. Your assigned PA will request your campus space.
FACULTY AND STAFF EVENT PLANNING
Step 1: Request Space
Select potential venue(s) that are suitable for the scope of your event. Campus spaces fill up quickly, so it is wise to have more than one possible location in mind. Place your space request well in advance through R25, Oxy's on-line space management system. You must be a registered user of the system. Contact email@example.com to sign up.
- Request your space with start and end times that will allow for set-up and clean-up of your event
- The automatic e-mail response you receive only confirms that your request was received and is awaiting processing. You must check R25 at a later time for a confirmation of your space assignment
- Do not assume that you don't have to reserve a space because it usually goes unused, or because it is in the same building as your office
- Food (from inside or outside Oxy) is not permitted in some locations
Step 2: Assess Your Needs/Submit your Event Plan
Once your space is confirmed (by clicking on R25 and seeing it listed), and no later than 2 weeks before your event, submit your EVENT PLAN. This form notifies campus service providers that your event is happening, and schedules everything from audio visual, HVAC, delivery of tables & chairs, card key access, catering orders and more.
The Event Plan Form takes you step-by-step, but you may want to familiarize yourself with resources and policies in advance:
- The Facilities Management Department provides a variety of event planning support services
- If your event requires a set-up outside of the normal arrangement of furniture in your space an approved site plan must be submitted
- Do you need catering services?
- Do you plan to use any outside vendors? - All companies doing business on campus must be approved in advance - check out Oxy's preferred vendors list
- Do you plan to serve outside food that you will bring onto campus? Safe food handling practices must be followed
- Will you be serving alcohol? Oxy does not have a license to sell alcoholic beverages - Any alcohol must be hosted and must be served according to government regulations - Campus Dining offers bartending services.
- Do you have outside guests who will require parking? Parking areas may be requested and reserved through the Master Calendar
- Are any of your participants minor children? Parental waivers are required
- If you are participating in an event such as Hand-Made Oxy where you will be making and selling food, you may be required to obtain a Cottage Food Operation License.
Step 3: Consider Attending a CEAC Meeting
The weekly CEAC meeting puts representatives from all the service providing departments in the same room, to help you quickly navigate the event process. You may always request a 15-minute appointment with CEAC, or you may be requested to attend, based on the nature of your event.
- Phone: (323) 259-2918