Food Stamp Challenge - The beginning
October 27, 2011
The kickoff meeting is over, and now there are a few short days for participants to prepare for the Food Stamp Challenge (FSC). Each day throughout the challenge I'll post a series of prompts or questions to this site for participants. They will respond with their experiences and thoughts from the week. Whether or not you are participating, if you have questions please feel free to post them in the comments section or email them to gerboc (at) oxy (dot) edu and I'll include them in the next day's post. Check back often as participants may share their comments at various times throughout the day/week. As a side note, two of the houses participating in the challenge are recording some of their experiences on video. We'll post those as we're able, so keep your eyes open for that.
Participant Prompts - Pre-Challenge
- Why did you choose to participate in the challenge?
- What was it like to be fingerprinted? Did you have any reservations? Why or why not?
- How are you planning to meet the challenge?
- How difficult do you think it will be?
- What challenges do you foresee?
- How much do you typically spend on food in a given week? When, if ever, do you ever find yourself hungry during your typical week?