Want to design the Green Bean Mural?
Calling all painters!!
The Green Bean is hosting a mural design competition!
What: We are looking for an artist to design a mural for the Green Bean to be installed above the drink counter.
When: The mural will be installed in the Green Bean after finals, during senior week.
1) The phrase “The Green Bean” or “The Green Bean Coffee Lounge” must be the main focus of the mural.
2) Aspects of the Green Bean mission statement must be incorporated.
3) No offensive imagery/words/etc.
4) No political or religious statements.
5) The painting can use a maximum of 4 colors (though any combination/blend of the four colors may be used as well)
6) The dimensions should be close to 14.25 inches tall by 20 feet wide.
7) The Green Bean will reimburse supplies up to $100
Prize: The winner gets to paint their mural on the long strip of wall above the counter in the Green Bean and wins a free Green Bean Klean Kanteen. The winner will be determined by a small committee including the Green Bean Managers.
Please bring all submissions into the Green Bean or email them to email@example.com with your name and GB Mural in the subject. Each submission must contain the name(s) and email(s) of the artist(s), as well as a list of materials needed with a sample budget.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 19th, 2013 by 12:00pm.
The winner will be announced Friday April 19th
Green Bean Mission Statement:
The Green Bean Coffee Lounge opens its doors to all customers, but especially Occidental College students, to offer a simple, yet satisfying coffee lounge experience. The Lounge is inspired by student leadership and anchored in the four College cornerstones of excellence, equity, community, and service. The Green Bean aims to provide quality products, feature student culture, emphasize environmental and financial sustainability, and cultivate a cozy and welcoming atmosphere.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!
-The Green Bean Managers
- Location: Johnson Student Center (off Branca Patio)