Google Calendar sharing changes
March 9, 2012
There are two new calendar-sharing features that we have enabled within Google Calendar, outlined below. Note that we are not changing your current calendars' settings; however, since we have made this change please take a moment to double-check your settings to be sure that they are set up the way that you want them.
- You can now share your Google calendars with people outside of Oxy, giving them permission to view and/or edit the calendar.
- You'll also see a setting that allows you to make a calendar publicly viewable on the web. If you choose to use this setting, please be aware that Google will index the items on the calendar, and the events will show up in Google searches. The new Oxy website coming in June will include a calendar function so we have not posted specific instructions for this feature, but if you would like have further information on how to publish a Google calendar temporarily we'll be happy to share it with you.
- "See only free/busy" shows only that you are busy at specific times
- "See all event details" will show details for events except for events which you have marked private
- "Make changes to events" allows someone to see all events, including those you have marked as private
- "Make changes and manage sharing" allows someone else to do everything you can do on your calendar
- Note that if you are sharing your calendar with people who are not currently using a Google account they will be prompted to create an account
- Info Center:
- Technology Helpdesk:
(323) 259-2880 firstname.lastname@example.org
- IR Operations Offices: (323) 259-2832