Learning Spaces Upgrades 2014
ITS made significant progress this summer on our plan to improve classroom AV equipment.
Classroom upgrades were completed in the following locations:
- New media classroom installation in Keck 208,
- New media cart installation in the Galarza Room,
- Full system upgrades in Weingart 209, Weingart 210; Berkus 242 to be completed by 8/27,
- System components upgraded in order to add High-Definition Media Interface (HDMI) connections in Fowler 110, 111, 112, 209, 302, and 309,
- Mobile computer lectern added to Fowler 113,
- ALL media classrooms fully tested and controls reconfigured where necessary both for consistency among the classrooms and to prepare for implementing a system that will assist with maintaining media equipment in classrooms; read more.
- 57 computer lab classroom and lectern computers replaced with new machines,
- Upgrades and enhancements to the wireless networks in Weingart, BioScience and Moore Lab for Zoology buildings.
Up next: a new media installation will be completed in Mosher 3 during the upcoming Fall or Winter Break, and we are planning for a renovation of Weingart 117 during the Summer of 2015.
Lisa Spencer Mattia (email@example.com) will be happy to answer any questions you might have about the upgrades to classroom a/v technologies.
- Info Center:
- Technology Support Desk:
(323) 259-2880 firstname.lastname@example.org
- IR Operations Offices: (323) 259-2832