Scheduled Maintenance for 15 Oct 2011
October 10, 2011
ITS will once again be performing scheduled maintenance this Saturday, October 15th, 2011, from 8:30am to 5:30pm. During this maintenance period, you may be unable to access ITS services. If you encounter any problems, please wait until the maintenance period has elapsed and check if you still run into problems before reporting them to the Technology Helpdesk via email at email@example.com or by voicemail at (323) 259-2880 (x2880 from on campus). We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this maintenance may cause.
Have questions about why we do the things we do or when we do them?Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment and keep an eye on our blog. Boring technical details about what we'll be doing this Saturday below the break. Here's the breakdown of how we'll be spending our time this Saturday. Note that all time are approximate - they represent our best guess of how long a given task will take and we build in some extra headroom to account for problems that may unexpectedly arise. Usually, we are done early but we have, on some occasions, run late.
- 8:30am - 10:30am - Upgrade firmware on distribution layer networking equipment and upgrade links between distribution layer and core switches. This will disrupt network connectivity, including access to the Internet, for the duration of this activity.
- 10:30am - noon - Install security updates and reboot all Windows servers. All servers will be unavailable for a 10-15 minute period during this time period while they reboot and come back online.
- Noon - 5:30pm - Upgrade the central campus file server. All drive letters and network shares on the campus file server, including the G: and H: drives, will be unavailable for the duration of this time period.
- Info Center:
- Technology Helpdesk:
(323) 259-2880 firstname.lastname@example.org
- IR Operations Offices: (323) 259-2832
- Information Resources VP/CIO: (323) 259-1451