Scheduled Maintenance for 17 Sep 2011
September 12, 2011
ITS will be performing scheduled maintenance this Saturday, September 17th, 2011, from 9:00am to 12:00pm. During this maintenance period, you may be unable to access ITS services. If you encounter any problems, please wait until the maintenance period has elapsed and check if you still run into problems before reporting them to the Technology Helpdesk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by voicemail at (323) 259-2880 (x2880 from on campus). We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this maintenance may cause. Have any questions about why we do the things we do and when we do them? Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment and keep an eye on our blog - we'll have a maintenance FAQ/Q&A posted soon. Boring technical details about what we'll be doing this Saturday below the break. Here's the breakdown of how we'll be spending our time this Saturday. Note that all times are approximate - they represent our best guess of how long a given task will take and we build in some extra headroom to account for problems that may unexpectedly arise. Usually, we are done early but we have, on some occasions, run late.
- 9:00am to 10:00am - Replace a flakey card in one of our core network switches. This may temporarily disrupt network connectivity on campus as the card is replaced.
- 10:00am - 10:15am - Decommission an old mail server that has been made obsolete by our move to Google. We do not expect this will interrupt any services and we will be taking steps to redirect mail to our other mail servers.
- 10:15am - 12:00pm - Install patches and reboot all Windows servers. All servers will be unavailable for a 10-15 minute period during this time period while they reboot and come back online.
- Info Center:
- Technology Helpdesk:
(323) 259-2880 email@example.com
- IR Operations Offices: (323) 259-2832