Scheduled Maintenance for Saturday, April 14th
ITS will be performing scheduled maintenance this Saturday, April 14th, from 8:30am to 12:30pm. During this maintenance period, you may be unable to access IR services. If you encounter any problems, please wait until the maintenance window has elapsed and check if you still run into problems before reporting them to the IR Technology Helpdesk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by voicemail at (323) 259-2880 (x2880 from on campus). We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this maintenance may cause.
Have questions about why we do the things we do or when we do them?
Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment and keep an eye on our blog. Technical details about our maintenance activities follow after the break. Here is the breakdown of this maintenance window. Please note that the time frames specified below are our best estimates of how long each task will take. We build in some head room into these times so that we can deal with problems as they arise so we may finish earlier or later than specified.
- 8:30am - 9:30am: We will be making configuration changes to the networking equipment in Hameetman Science Center. This will disrupt campus Internet access from 8:30am to 8:45am (Why?). Furthermore, the network within HSC, including wireless network access, will be disrupted from 8:30am to 9:30am.
- 9:30am to 12:30pm: We will be performing maintenance on our Windows servers, including the installation of security updates. All servers will be unavailable for 10-15 minutes while they reboot and come back online.
Again, if you run into any problems on Saturday morning, please wait until 5:30pm and see if you still have problems before reporting them to the IR Technology Helpdesk via email at email@example.com or by voicemail at (323) 259-2880.
- Info Center:
- Technology Helpdesk:
(323) 259-2880 firstname.lastname@example.org
- IR Operations Offices: (323) 259-2832
- Information Resources VP/CIO: (323) 259-1451