March 15, 2012
March 15, 2012
March 12, 2012
March 9, 2012
- You can now share your Google calendars with people outside of Oxy, giving them permission to view and/or edit the calendar.
- You'll also see a setting that allows you to make a calendar publicly viewable on the web. If you choose to use this setting, please be aware that Google will index the items on the calendar, and the events will show up in Google searches. The new Oxy website coming in June will include a calendar function so we have not posted specific instructions for...
March 8, 2012
February 22, 2012
ITS has launched a pilot project in the Academic Commons that changes the way printing & copying are done on the public multifunction devices in this building. Our new print management system, Pharos Uniprint, utilizes “release to print” functionality. In order to print or copy, all members of the community must swipe their ID card or enter Oxynet credentials at the printer.
How it works:
- Send a print job to a printer in the Academic Commons from a lab, office, or personal computer.
- Walk up to the printer, swipe your ID card or enter your Oxynet credentials.
- A list of your pending print jobs is displayed, you select the print job to be printed and then the document prints.
- This process also applies to copying. You must swipe your card or enter credentials in order to copy.
Here is what you need to do:
Install the appropriate print...Read More
November 21, 2011
Where was the problem?The problem occurred with the Southern California segment of the CalREN network... Read More
November 15, 2011
One of my esteemed colleagues and a member of the Oxy Web Team, wrote a post about how to get rid of a particularly annoying pop-up alert present in Internet Explorer 8 (and older versions). But what she neglected to do was spin an incredibly boring and technical tale about what that error message is all about.Read More
October 19, 2011
October 14, 2011