Calendar for Submission & Review
HSRRC reviews approximately 200 proposals annually.
Each proposal is evaluated using a specific process, and must be reviewed by several people. The committee then discusses these reviews and renders the decisions. Often, proposals must be revised and re-reviewed. Given the limits on time and resources, the committee will prioritize the order in which specific types of proposals are evaluated, and adhere to a schedule to manage this workload. The committee has agreed to review proposals in the following order:
1. Student proposals associated with current classes
2. Student research proposals—current/time-sensitive projects
3. Classroom protocols
4. Student summer and study abroad research—less time-sensitive
5. Untenured faculty research proposals
6. Tenured faculty research proposals
7. Institutional Research
8. Research conducted by, or on behalf of, outside agencies
Proposals must be received in digital form at least two weeks prior to a committee meeting to receive review. Submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2014 meeting schedule:
Tuesday, September 9
Tuesday, October 7
Tuesday, November 11
Tuesday, December 9
Spring 2015 meeting schedule:
To be announced
Investigators will receive a prompt response from the IRB coordinator once their proposal has been reviewed. If it is not approved, the IRB coordinator will contact you indicating what needs to be done. Please make sure you answer all questions on the Approval Request to avoid delay.
- Human Subjects: email@example.com
- Non-Human Subjects: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biosafety: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org