Within the governance structure of the College, faculty members of the International Programs Committee (of Faculty Council) advance the strategic direction of IPO, consult on policy development and implement essential processes.
Student Preparation & Advising: Faculty recommendations are an essential element in determining appropriate preparation for study abroad. Through the Course Approval process, we collaborate with faculty to ensure that advisees pursue study abroad courses which contribute to progress toward the degree (college requirements, major, minor and core).
Course Development: IPO staff collaborate and consult with faculty in the development of courses conducted abroad. We advise on best practice including budgeting, cross-cultural learning, health and safety and student selection. We train faculty in risk management and lead the Crisis Response Team.
Travel Expenses: Requests for funding for faculty travel will be subject to the following considerations.
- Coincide with IPO business at the location such as current affiliation site visit, problem-solving, new partnership development, and etc at the dirscretion of the director.
- Course development site visits funded only following the on-campus approval process such as completion of an FLC on abroad course development, written proposal reviewed by IPO/IPO (off-cycle acceptable), proposal approval by iPC/APC, or combination with point 1.
- $1,000 maximum to supplement other sources.
- IPO will consult with Dean's Office so as not to over-award in combination with Faculty Development or Faculty Travel Funds.
- Minimum half-day, or six-hour site visit utilizing IPO visit protocol.
- Written report due to IPO prior to reimbursement.
- Availability of IPO funds
McKinnon Center for Global Affairs Johnson 102