Congratulations on your Fall 2015 acceptance to Oxy! Below is some orientation information. This site will be updated as more information becomes available.
International Student Orientation
Meet your 2015 Orientation Team!
FALL 2015 ORIENTATION DATES:
Three distinct International Student Orientations will be conducted to meet the needs of new international students to Occidental College! Programming is tailored to fit the needs of each group, depending on where you went to high school, your experience with US culture and academics and your relationship to the college. Programming for each is different, so please plan to arrive between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on the following dates:
- Friday, August 14 Students who went to high school OUTSIDE of the U.S., UK or Canada. Sessions begin on Saturday, August 15.
- Tuesday, August 18 Exchange and visiting students attending Occidental for one semester or year. Sessions begin on Wednesday, August 19.
- Thursday, August 20 Students who went to high school INSIDE the US, UK or Canada.
If you arrive earlier than these dates, you will need to make alternate housing arrangements.
All new international students will meet and attend the mandatory International Student Lunch and Welcome at 11:00 on Friday, August 21 in Dumke Commons in Swan Hall.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
Questions? Contact the International Programs Office at email@example.com
Am I an international student?
International students are citizens of another country attending Occidental on an F or J student visa. As non-US citizens, you are subject to federal regulations pertaining to your non-immigrant status. It will be important that you maintain contact with the International Programs Office so that you can remain legally in the US as a student. More information on your rights and responsibilities as an international student and maintaining status in the visa section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (323) 259-2533
- Visit: McKinnon Center for Global Affairs Johnson 102