IPO is planning international student orientation activities for Fall 2016!
International Student Orientation for Fall 2016
(Exchange students & visiting language assistants, please go to this page)
All students are required to attend all sessions in Orientations.
See the full 2016 International Student Orientation Schedule here.
** Your parents/families are welcome to be part of the Welcome Breakfast on .**
Before you arrive at Oxy:
- Plan to arrive between 10AM - 4PM on Aug 19, 2016.
- The Orientation Team leaders will be waiting for you outside 1599 Campus Road, LA, CA 90041
- Transportation from LAX to OXY: Take Prime Time Shuttle which you can book beforehand online.
- Make sure to submit all the forms you need to submit at http://my.oxy.edu
- Read Destination Occidental.
- Who's in Oxy IPO? You can "Get to know us" a little bit before you arrive!
If you arrive earlier than these dates, you will need to make alternate housing arrangements as the dorms will not be ready until your assigned arrival time.
Am I an international student?
International students are citizens of another country attending Occidental on an F or J student visa. As non-US citizens, you are subject to federal regulations pertaining to your non-immigrant status. It will be important that you maintain contact with the International Programs Office so that you can remain legally in the US as a student. More information on your rights and responsibilities as an international student and maintaining status in the visa section.
Contact IPO at email@example.com or call 323-259-2533.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (323) 259-2533
- Visit: McKinnon Center for Global Affairs Johnson 102