IPO is planning international student orientation activities for Fall 2016! This site will be updated as more information becomes available.
International Student Orientation Dates for Fall 2016:
First-Year International Student Orientation - by invitation only- RSVP REQUIRED:
- Friday, August 19 - First year, degree seeking international students arrive on Oxy campus between 10 - 4
- Saturday, August 20 - Thursday, August 24 - Activities and sessions addressing US culture, cultural adjustment and other topics of interest to international student
- Thursday, August 24 - New Student Orientation Program - mandatory for all new students
Exchange and Visiting Language Assistants - by invitation only- RSVP REQUIRED
- Wednesday, August 24 - Exchange students and Visiting Language Assistants arrive on campus between 10 - 4
- Thursday, August 25 - 9:00 - 1:00: Orientation activities and sessions.
- Thursday, August 25 - New Student Orientation Program - mandatory for all new studentsIf youi arrive
If you arrive earlier than these dates, you will need to make alternate housing arrangements as the dorms will not be ready until your assigned arrival time.
Am I an international student?
International students are citizens of another country attending Occidental on an F or J student visa. As non-US citizens, you are subject to federal regulations pertaining to your non-immigrant status. It will be important that you maintain contact with the International Programs Office so that you can remain legally in the US as a student. More information on your rights and responsibilities as an international student and maintaining status in the visa section.
Questions? Contact IPO at email@example.com
Meet your 2015 Orientation Team!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (323) 259-2533
- Visit: McKinnon Center for Global Affairs Johnson 102