The question is "What do I want to learn?" not "Where should I go?" Find a program that addresses your goals and adheres to college policies.
- Junior or senior status while abroad
- Target GPA of 3.0 at the time of application
- Neither on academic or disciplinary probation nor under investigation for violations which may result in probation between application and departure
- All holds cleared with campus departments and offices before leaving campus.
Before You Apply
- Talk to your advisor: Inform your academic advisor of your plan to study abroad. S/he will assist you in determining the courses you need and the best time for you to be abroad.
- Do your research: This is your experience. You owe it to yourself to do your research.
- "Internationalize" your curriculum: Courses you have taken at Oxy with a global focus will prepare you.
- Stay open: Identify programs that work best for your academic and personal development as well as that meets the college standards.
How to Apply
1. Sign up for Info Session at Johnson 102 and Attend.
- Spring 2017 Info Sessions: 12:45PM-1:15PM, Wed & Fri @ Johnson Hall #315
2. Explore program options.
3. Complete Advising Questionnaire.
4. Visit IPO to make an appointment and meet with your advisor! **We do not accept appointment requests over the phone or email while classes are in session.*
5. Apply for Oxy IPO approval and start your program provider's online application. You must submit both Oxy IPO application and the provider's application (ex. CIEE, IES, SIT, etc) by each of their binding deadlines.
- Fall 2017 Deadline for Oxy Approval: February 8, 2017 (Midnight)
- Deadline for Provider's Application: Each program varies. Check your program websites to make a timely submission.
- Spring 2018 Deadline: TBA
If you are an approved student, please go to this page.
McKinnon Center for Global Affairs Johnson 102