Students can go abroad in summer or winter for vast experiences and earn credits. See below for more information.
Credit Transfer: Taking Courses Abroad
- All students must submit the Oxy Credit Transfer Form before going abroad. ** NOTE: If your summer program/provider requests IPO to approve you (Home school approval, etc), please note that you must complete this step beforehand.
- Once your course transfer form is approved and signed by the International Programs Office (IPO), you will receive a notification that it has been approved.
- Please note that there is a $28 processing fee.
- Courses that you take abroad in summer or winter will be approved for transfer credit only, not letter grades.
All students who successfully submit their Oxy Credit Transfer Form are eligible to apply for IPO grants. If you are interested, please visit this link to start your application. Please note that your Oxy Credit Transfer Form must be completed before you start the grants application.
Deadline for Summer 2017: April 3, 2017 (Midnight)
For funding opportunities for non-credit projects abroad, please visit this page.
Choosing a Program
We highly recommend Oxy students to consider the following programs. When you apply, please let the university know that you are from Occidental College. Some programs will exempt you from paying certain fees, which will vary by the program.
- University of Bristol: Destination Vet Summer School
- Chinese University of Hong Kong: Summer Research
- University of Sussex: Summer School
- University of East Anglia: Summer School
Health and Safety
McKinnon Center for Global Affairs Johnson 102