"I started working for NPP my first year and three years later I am still with the program because of the children and the happiness that they diplay when I am able to help them."-Kevin Rodriguez '14
Afterschool Tutor– Mustangs on the Move
Neighborhood Partnership Program
The Neighborhood Partnership Program (NPP) is looking for highly motivated Oxy students to serve as afterschool tutors for the Mustangs on the Move program located at John Muir High School.
Each tutor will work as part of a team responsible for tutoring high school students. Tutors are expected to work directly with the students during the afterschool program. Tutors will be supervised by the Mustangs on the Move Program Coordinator and will collaborate directly with the staff at John Muir.
Tutors must commit to work at least one semester and are encouraged to stay longer if possible. Consistent, ongoing support is necessary for the students and teachers with whom we work. All tutors are expected to honor the term of their commitment. Tutors will be required to attend several training sessions through out the semester.
• Effectively tutor middle and high school students in small groups.
• Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter
• Enjoy tutoring the subject for which services are being provided
• Flexible, able to work under pressure
• Maturity, respect for youth, ability to listen with patience and
• Collaborate with students to enhance their knowledge in assigned courses.
• Ability to use initiative, demonstrate dependability, and use time constructively.
• Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Interact effectively with a diversity of individuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Follow program procedures and complete all necessary paperwork
• Experience providing direct service to high school students
• Sensitivity to the needs of at-risk students (hyperactivity, ADHD, etc.)
• Bilingual Spanish skills
• Valid driver’s license and current Occidental College Designated Driver Status
|Monday -Thursday||Monday & Wednesday||Tuesday & Thursday|
|2:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.||2:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.||2:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.|
PAY RATE: $8.50-$9.50 per hour
- Phone: 323-259-1430
- Email: email@example.com
- Follow us on: twitter