Title I Tutor
It was ultimately very rewarding when a student I have been teaching finally understands a concept we have been working on." - NPP Tutor
Tutor– Eagle Rock H. S. Title I Tutoring
The Neighborhood Partnership Program (NPP) is looking for highly motivated Oxy students to serve as Tutors
for the Eagle Rock H. S. Title I program located at Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High School.
Each tutor will work as part of a team responsible of tutoring middle school and high school students who are
part of the Title I program. Tutors are expected to work directly with the students during the regular class
period. Tutors will be supervised by the Title I Program Coordinator and will collaborate directly with the staff at
Tutors must commit to work at least one semester and are encouraged to stay longer if possible. Consistent,
ongoing support is necessary for the students and teachers with whom we work. All tutors are expected to
honor the term of their commitment. Tutors will be required to attend several training sessions through out the
- Ability to Tutor students in classroom setting and/or one on one
- Effectively tutor middle and high school students in the classroom or in small groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter
- Enjoy tutoring the subject for which services are being provided
- Flexible, able to work under pressure
- Maturity, respect for youth, ability to listen with patience and
- Collaborate with students to enhance their knowledge in assigned middle school courses.
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate dependability, and use time constructively.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Interact effectively with a diversity of individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Follow program procedures and complete all necessary paperwork
- Experience providing direct service to middle school -aged students
- Sensitivity to the needs of at-risk students (hyperactivity, ADHD, etc.)
- Understanding of College Admission and Financial Aid process
- Bilingual Spanish skills
Please check online application for available work shifts.
PAY RATE: $8.50-$9.50 per hour
- Phone: 323-259-1430
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on: twitter