Clearance is the online process by which students officially enroll at Occidental each semester.
Clearance is required of all students, and must be completed by 5 p.m. on Friday, August 30. (A $100 late clearance fee will be assessed if you miss the deadline.) Here’s how to enroll for Fall 2013:
- To access your Clearance form, logon to myOxy, choose the Student Services tab and find the “Clearance” channel. You must set up your Oxynet account first.
- Check to see if you have any “holds”. Holds will be available beginning August 16. This gives you 10 business days before Clearance begins to resolve any holds.
- Holds are matters that must be resolved with individual College departments before you can enroll.
- (For entering students, these most likely would be Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Residence Life or Student Health Forms.)
- If you have no holds on your Clearance form (or just a hold from the Dean of Students Office, which can be cleared online), skip to No. 5.
- Contact each department listed as a hold on your form to resolve whatever the issue might be. Please allow time for the department to remove the hold once its requirements have been satisfied.
- Once all holds are removed, you can submit your Clearance form beginning August 29 by clicking the “Enroll Me” button on the form and following the directions. Please note that Clearance forms cannot be submitted until August 29.
- Congratulations! You have successfully completed Clearance and will be officially enrolled at Occidental. You will receive a confirmation email to your Oxy account after you have successfully submitted your Clearance form. (If you do not receive an email confirmation, you did not complete Clearance.)
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 323.259.2918
- New Student Packet: Download