Why I Give
July 15, 2011
We recently asked Occidental alumni why they give to the College. Here are some of their unedited responses:
- I support a Liberal Arts education!
- I want others to receive the same amazing financial aid that enabled me to attend Oxy.
- I can never fully repay Occidental for the quality of education and personal connections I made there, but want to contribute something.
- I played Lax at Oxy when it was a club sport. Go Tigers!
- Judy Lam is persistent.
- Oxy was pivotal in my growth as a whole person, and I hope I can help make Oxy that kind of place for current and future students.
- Some of our dearest life-long friends, learning experiences and memories are from the Glee Club!
- I love Oxy!
- We are alumni, parents of an Oxy graduate, and give to the College every year.
- MSI changed my life and, in my opinion, is the single most effective program at Oxy. Go MSI!
- While I wish I had more to give, I know every little bit helps.
- I was asked.
- Rugby [in the] Final 4. I was captain in 1975. I tip my hat to you and your crew.
- I am extremely proud of Oxy and its students and alumni. I am grateful for the well-rounded perspective I gained inside and outside of the classroom at Oxy and for my time with passionate, intellectually curious, and diverse fellow students.
- I support a sustainable campus and curriculum.
- I want to help out the class of 1999 class fund! And of course, support Oxy.
- Geology rocks :)
- Oxy was the best thing that ever happened to me!
- I am very grateful for the education I received and the scholarship help my son received. Small liberal arts colleges need all the money they can get!
- Continue to support Oxy and Diversity!
- Sorry I can't give more, I'm unemployed at the moment. But I wanted to contribute to help with giving participation.
- I drove my little sister to her 25th reunion at Oxy this summer and just buying the Occidental Quidditch tee shirt didn't seem like enough of a contribution.