D4D National Conference
D4D is a National Conference that brings together student representatives from 29 campuses across the country to participate in a series of panels and workshops with leading figures in civic/community engagement, education, the environment, politics, public policy, and social entrepreneurship.
Students must write a letter to an elected official. Letters must be mailed to this official at the time of submission. Oxy will choose up to 4 letters to submit to the competition. 5 letters from all the colleges and universities that submit will be selected to participate in the legislative hearing. Those 5 teams will present and defend their letters and findings in front of a panel of former senators and other senior officials. The Grand Prize for the winning team is $3,000. The other four finalists will each receive $500. This funding is to be used towards realizing the project or initiative outlined in the letter.
· Letter must be under 1,000 words
· Must be well researched and analyzed (80% of the judging criteria)
· Must be properly cited
· Must address a state or federal issue (letters on local issues will not be eligible)
· Two or more students must work on the letter
· To be eligible to attend the conference, you must write a letter, even if it doesn't make it to the top 5.
· Top five letters from 2011 are listed on the Project Pericles website: www.projectpericles.org
Johnson Student Activities Center Room 135B
- Follow us on :