Welcome to Oxy! Registration is not required for new student orientation because we expect every new student to attend. We are excited to see you on campus for orientation soon!
Driving Directions & Arrival Information for Orientation
As the main entrance of campus, located at 1600 Campus Road, is currently under construction, we ask that you avoid using this address for directions to campus and use the information provided below.
- Students moving into Newcomb (building #18) or Chilcott Halls (building #25) should use the Bird Road entrance located at the intersection of North Bird Road/Ridgeview Avenue & Campus Road, Los Angeles, CA 90041.
- Students moving into Braun (building #29), Stewart-Cleland (building #31), or Pauley (building #33) Halls should use the American Way entrance located at the intersection of American Way/Armadale Avenue and Campus Road, Los Angeles, CA 90042.
- Transfer students should also use the American Way entrance in order to check-in with Residential Education and Housing Services staff in Berkus Hall (building #100).
Upon arrival to campus, orientation leaders, resident advisors (RAs), move-in volunteers, and color coded signs will help direct you to the correct unloading and parking zones for your residence hall (Braun - Blue; Newcomb & Chilcott Halls - Black; Stewart-Cleland - Yellow; Pauley - Maroon/Red).
Move-in will begin promptly at 8 a.m. Once you have moved-in to your residence hall, please check-in for Orientation in Lower Herrick (building #6) and visit the Academic Department Fair which runs from 12 until 2 pm in Samuelson Pavilion (building #15).
The formal orientation program for students begins with a mandatory orientation team (O-Team) meeting on Friday, August 22nd at 1:30 pm on the Thorne Hall Patio (building #13). The family program begins at 2 pm in Thorne Hall.
New Student Orientation
August 22-27, 2014
All new students (First-Year, Transfer, International, Exchange and Visiting Students) will be moving into their assigned residence hall and then completing orientation. New student move-in begins at 8 am on Friday, August 22.
August 22-24, 2014
We hope you will join us for this short, yet very important orientation. You are now part of the Oxy community. During this 2-1/2 day event, you will receive important information regarding Oxy and the community surrounding it. Most of your sessions will be separate from your student while others are together.
International Student Orientation
Three distinct International Student Orientations will be conducted to meet the needs of new international students to Occidental College! Programming is tailored to fit the needs of each group, depending on where you went to high school, your experience with US culture and academics and your relationship to the college. Programming for each is different, so please plan to arrive as follows:
· Sunday, August 17 – Students who went to high school outside of the U.S. or Canada.
· Tuesday, August 19 – Exchange and visiting students attending Occidental for one semester or year.
· Thursday, August 21 – Students who went to high school inside the US or Canada.
The orientation programs will culminate with all groups together on Friday, August 22, for the formal International Student Welcome and Orientation Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., just before the New Student Orientation Program begins. Questions? Contact the International Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 323-259-2918
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: 102 Johnson Student Center
- Getting Started: Oxy New Student