Welcome to Oxy; we are excited to see you on campus for orientation soon!
Below is general information that should help you in planning your travel to campus for New Student Orientation beginning on Friday, August 21.
Driving Directions and Arrival Information
As the main entrance of campus, located at 1600 Campus Road, will be closed to ease traffic congestion, we ask that you avoid using this address for directions to campus and instead use the information provided below.
- Families of students moving into Newcomb (building #18 on the campus map) or Chilcott Halls (building #25) should use the Bird Road entrance located at the intersection of North Bird Road/Ridgeview Avenue & Campus Road, Los Angeles, CA 90041.
- Families of students moving into Braun (building #29), Stewart-Cleland (building #31), or Pauley (building #33) Halls should use the American Way entrance located at the intersection of American Way/Armadale Avenue and Campus Road, Los Angeles, CA 90042.
- Families of transfer students should also use the American Way entrance. Transfer students should check-in with Residential Education and Housing Services staff at their office in Berkus Hall (building #100) before heading to their residence hall.
Upon arrival to campus, orientation leaders, resident advisors (RAs), move-in volunteers, and color-coded signs will help direct you to the correct unloading and parking zones for your student's residence hall.
Move-in and Orientation Check-in
Residence Hall Move-In will take place on Friday, August 21, from 8 a.m - 12 p.m. Once your student has moved in to their room, please check-in for Orientation on the Mullin Grove (adjacent to #50) and visit the Academic Department Fair, which runs from 11:45 am until 1:45 pm in Samuelson Pavilion (building #16).
The formal program begins with the Welcome to Oxy! session at 2 p.m. in Rush Gym (building #8). As the schedule has changed and over the summer, please take some time to review the most up-to-date Student and Family schedules. Additionally, a brief printed program will be provided to you during check-in.
As the theme for the 2015-2016 academic year is Sustainability, the college is actively working to reduce our carbon footprint as well as conserve water during the drought; as such, we will not be providing individual bottled waters. We will have plenty of water coolers and hydration options available for you on campus; you can view a map of all water fountains and reusable bottle fillers here. Therefore, we encourage you to bring your own refillable water bottle or cup with you to campus - in case you forget, a limited supply of water bottles will be available for sale in the Bookstore (building #15).
If you or another member of your family need special accommodations due to limited mobility, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Have other questions regarding Orientation? Email Orientation@oxy.edu or call (323) 259 2918. Questions regarding housing and residence life should be directed to email@example.com or (323) 259 2531
- Phone: 323-259-2918
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 102 Johnson Student Center
- Getting Started: Oxy New Student