Occidental College aims to assist transfer and international students and families in their transition by providing an introduction to academic expectations and educational and social opportunities during Spring orientation; these activities and sessions are designed to help integrate you into the intellectual and cultural life of the College.
Administrators, staff, faculty and Orientation Team Leaders are prepared to provide a smooth and exciting transition. As a new student, you will participate in the spring orientation program on Friday, January 16, 2015 as well as educational follow-up sessions on Tuesday, January 20 and Thursday, January 22.
During Orientation, Orientation Team Leaders, better known as O-Team, will assist in the implementation of orientation activities as well as facilitate team building amongst new students. The goal of O-Team is to serve as a resource to new students and families and to assist in the transition to Oxy's academic, social and cultural environment.
By the end of Spring Orientation, you will have accomplished...
- Class registration
- Meeting your academic advisor who will assist you during orientation and throughout the year
- A complete tour of the campus
- Meeting key administrators, faculty and other new transfer students
- Settling into your assigned residence hall room
- Participating in L.A. activities
- Phone: 323-259-2918
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 102 Johnson Student Center
- Getting Started: Oxy New Student