Checklist & Timeline
We are excited to welcome you to the Oxy community in January! Before you arrive on campus for Orientation, however, there are a few things we need you to complete. Please use the checklist and timeline below to guide you as you prepare to begin classes during the Spring 2015 semester.
Due as soon as possible:
- Request final official transcripts from your most recent college
- Activate your myOxy computer account using your activation code
- Activation codes and log-in information will be mailed on Monday, December 22
- Activate your @oxy.edu e-mail through OxyConnect (Google Apps for Oxy) and check it often, as your oxy email is the address at which you will receive official correspondence from the College
- Activate authorized users (parents or guardians) on your online student business services account to receive your electronic billing statements (Log on to myOxy, click on Student Services tab)
- Review information on Oxy's student health insurance requirements and either enroll in student health insurance or complete the waiver process
- Meal Plan Selection (Log on to myOxy, click on Student Services tab)
Due by Friday, January 8, 2015 (Missed the deadline? Don't fret! Just submit the forms as soon as you can, or bring the forms with you to Orientation)
- Master Promissory Note for Perkins and Oxy Loans (if applicable)
- Loan Entrance Interview (if applicable)
- Request for Accommodations Form (if applicable)
- Health Forms:
- Health History (completed by student)
- Financial Responsibility and Permission for Treatment (signed by student and parent/legal guardian)
- Physical Exam (completed by health care professional for those participating in NCAA, club sports and study abroad)
- Immunization Record (completed by health care professional)
- Authorization to Share Health Information
- Mutual Arbitration Agreement
Due by Thursday, January 15, 2015:
- Online Placement Exams (Log on to MyOxy, go to Moodle page to find instructions)
- Language placement exams for French, Spanish, and German (if applicable)
- Math Placement Self - Assessment (if applicable)
- Chemistry Placement Exam (if applicable)
- Think About It Mandatory Online Course
- NOTE: Dates for this course reflect Fall 2014 start dates. You will receive an email in your @oxy.edu account regarding log-in and completion instructions.
Due by Friday, January 15, 2015 (you can bring forms with you to Orientation):
- Housing and Meal Plan License Agreement (you will receive this form upon move-in)
- Religious Information Form (optional)
- Waiver FERPA Privacy Rights Form (Log on to MyOxy, click on the FERPA form link in the gateway)
- Student Photo Release
- Complete Clearance Form (Log on to myOxy, click on Student Services tab)
Additional information regarding your transition to Occidental can be found in the New Student Packet (pdf). However, please disregard the dates included in the pdf packet as they are for students who began in the fall and instead follow the dates listed above.
Please mail completed forms to:
Dean of Students Office
Occidental College F-50
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041-3314
- If you have any questions about any of these forms, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 323-259-2661.
- If you have questions about New Student Orientation, please contact the Office of Student Life at 323-259-2918.
- Please note that the College will be closed for the holidays beginning Wednesday, December 23, 2015 until Monday, January 4, 2015.
- Phone: 323-259-2918
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 102 Johnson Student Center
- Getting Started: Oxy New Student