The Orientation staff is dedicated to ensure a fun and smooth transition to Occidental College! We can't wait to meet you!
Tamara J. Rice, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean of Students for Student Development and Director of Student Life
What is OCore?
OCore is the student leadership committee that plans and implements Orientation, headed by the Student Coordinator and advised by the Director of Student Life. OCore supervises and provides support to Oteam members, while participating in all aspects of Oteam training and Orientation.
What is OTeam?
Orientation Team Leaders, better known as OTeam, are a group of selected students who assist in the planning and implementation of orientation activities. The goal is to serve as a resource to new students and families and to assist in the transition to Oxy's academic, social and cultural environment.
Looking for OTeam 2014!
- Fill out an application.
- Recruit 2 people to fill out a recommendation form (one person must be from Oxy). Returning Oteam applicants--you only need 1 recommendation.
- Sign up for an interview. (You will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up)
Eligible candidates must possess and maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA
Eligible candidates must not be on academic and/or disciplinary probation at the time of application and during Orientation
March 7: Applications Available
March 21: Applications DUE
March 24-28: Interviews
March 28: Recommendations DUE
April 2: Offer Letters
Week of April 14 or 21: 1-Day Spring Training
August 17-21: Oteam Training (Move in August 16)
August 22-27: Orientation
- Phone: 323-259-2918
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 102 Johnson Student Center
- Getting Started: Oxy New Student