Student: Faculty Ratio
Average Class Size
Classes With Fewer Than 30 Students
Number of Classes Over 50 Students
Freshman Retention Rate
Full-Time Faculty With
47% Other US States, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories
(Top states: CA, WA, NY, OR, MA, CO, TX, IL, AZ, HI)
Students of Color
Receive Financial Aid
Most Popular Majors: Economics, Biology, Diplomacy & World Affairs, Psychology, Sociology, Urban & Environmental Policy, Media Arts & Culture
Most Popular Major for Incoming Students: Undecided
For the Class of 2019:
- 90% graduated in the top quarter of their high school class
- Median SAT score: 1290
- Median ACT score: 29
- 5,911 applications for a first-year class of 518 students
- Oxy has been a top 10 producer of Fulbright Fellowships for the last decade.
- 10 Rhodes Scholars graduated from Oxy.
- One year after graduation, 95% of alumni are fully employed, attending graduate school, or are pursuing both.
- Alumni attend top graduate schools including Harvard, Stanford, NYU, University of Chicago, UCLA, USC, UC Berkeley.
Days of sunshine
Live on campus all four years
Clubs, organizations and teams
Participate in athletics
Study Abroad and/or Participate
in our Semester at the U.N.
Other Oxy Facts
- We’re in L.A., with access to beaches, mountains, deserts and leading companies in the entertainment, technology and financial fields.
- Notable alumni include President Barack Obama; Oscar-winning director, writer and actor Ben Affleck; Congressman and NFL quarterback Jack Kemp; documentary filmmaker Gabriela Cowperthwaite (Blackfish), and Andrea Elliot, Pulitzer Prize winner and investigative journalist with the New York Times.
- Our beautiful campus has been featured in more than 80 movies and TV shows, such as Clueless (1995), “NCIS” and “Arrested Development,” since the first filming took place in 1919.
- Students can take classes at Caltech or ArtCenter.
- Occidental boasts the nation’s only residential academic semester program at the United Nations. A cohort of students live together in New York and take courses with Occidental professors while maintaining a full-time internship at a U.N.-related agency or country mission.