Oxy students who are interested in entering graduate programs in health sciences are strongly encouraged to take the courses outlined in these materials.
Specific requirements may vary among medical and health science specialties; therefore check official admissions requirements for each school to which you plan to apply. Please plan ahead and schedule your courses carefully to make sure that you meet Oxy's core and major requirements while fulfilling the professional or graduate school requirements. We highly recommend additional courses from Biochemistry, Writing and Rhetoric, English and Comparative Literary Studies, Psychology, Sociology, as well as public health related courses from the Urban and Environmental Policy Institute and the Diplomacy and World Affairs departments.
- Basic Academic Requirements for Medical School Admission
- Sample Four-Year Planner for Pre-Med Preparation
- Basic Academic Requirements for Dental School Admission
- Basic Academic Requirements for Pharmacy School Admission
- Basic Academic Requirements for Veterinary School Admission
- Basic Academic Requirements for Physician Assistant Programs
- Basic Academic Requirements for Physical Therapy Programs
- Basic Academic Requirements for Nursing Programs
- Basic Academic Requirements for Occupational Therapy Programs
- Basic Academic Requirements for Optometry School Admission
- Basic Academic Requirements for Podiatric School Admission
- Basic Academic Requirements for Public Health Programs
If you have any questions about selecting or scheduling your courses, please contact academic departments, your academic advisor, and the pre-health advisor.
If you miss the opportunity to take all of the required courses for professional or graduate school programs while at Oxy, you may take them at another college during the summer, or enroll in a post-baccalaureate premedical program after graduation. Some schools offer post-bac programs in dentistry, veterinary medicine, and nursing.
- Phone: (323) 259-2665
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org