These achievements, among many others, are representative of Occidental College's momentum between 2009-2014.
- Reestablishing institutional momentum by completing a five-year strategic plan that will, among other goals, transform Occidental into a leader in global and urban affairs.
- Doubling the number of international students and establishing new partnerships with schools and universities in Asia.
- Maintaining the diversity of the student body while increasing the number of first-generation students and Pell Grant recipients.
- Extending Oxy's reach throughout Los Angeles by establishing strategic partnerships with regional and national cultural institutions, including the Autry and the Boston Court and A Noise Within theaters.
- Investing more in the career aspirations of our students by dramatically increasing Career Development Center staffing and internships and raising funds for the center’s physical expansion.
- Working as a community toward the creation of a safe learning and living environment and making major reforms in addressing sexual misconduct. These include revising school policy, hiring a full-time Title IX coordinator and a survivor advocate, and expanding preventative education programs.
- Tackling the challenges of a historic campus by inventorying, itemizing, prioritizing and beginning to budget for $120 million in deferred maintenance.
- Building a strong and talented group of senior administrators.
- Through reorganization and a renewed commitment, revitalizing institutional fundraising. Over the past five years Occidental has raised $90 million, including a number of notable named gifts.
- Producing six years of balanced budgets and creating a $1.9 million fund for strategic goals and objectives.
- Enhancing the visibility of Occidental through a more structured approach to marketing and communications, as evidenced in a redesigned website, a street banner program, and the OxyTalks series.
- Phone: (323) 259-2691
- Email: email@example.com